May 20, 2017
Men Who Cook & Men Who Mix (#MWCAM) is one of River Oaks’ largest annual fundraisers. This event invites local food enthusiasts, chefs and guys who simply love to cook to prepare their favorite food or drink recipes for taste testing. The event draws a crowd of well over 500 people each year. Dubbed as a ‘community favorite,’ MWCAM is a ton of fun for all involved….. from the chefs to its’ organizers. If you want to showcase your culinary expertise or if you want a plethora of taste testing options, attend this annual event – always held on the third Saturday in May! (In our best Justin Wilson voice) ‘We guarantee’ you won’t leave hungry!!
• MWCAM 2017 is scheduled for Saturday, May 20 from 6:30 – 9:30 Tickets are $65 per person or $75 at the door if available and tables (seats 10)are $750.00 (limited). The event has sold out over the past five years…get your tickets early!
•MWCAM is always held on the third Saturday in May.
• Our line up of chefs, even the self proclaimed ones, prepare their favorite food and drink recipes for taste tasting. Menu items can consist of appetizers, entrees, deserts and/or speciality drinks. The menu is incredibly diverse, delightfully delectable and our guys have an awesome time meeting and greeting with guests.
The Champion Team is determined by the amount of tips received in their station’s tip jar. The team with the largest amount receives the coveted MWCAM Spoon, usually a 4-6 ft design, handcrafted by a local artist. They, and their menu item, also walk away with official bragging rights for an entire year, staking their claim as the ultimate winner of this test testing experience.
• Small portions must accommodate a minimum of 450-500 people
• Menus must be submitted in advance to avoid duplication and to be added to the program
• The MWCAM committee starts event planning during February.
•Potential chefs are reviewed and a listing is finalized by early March.